I came across a list of ‘You must be an artist if….…’ on www.painting.about.com/ and have adapted it. Feel free to add your own in the comments.
You must be an artist if:
- You’re often late because you suddenly know exactly what that detail of your latest painting/sewing/writing/jewelry piece needed and just had to fix it while it was fresh in your mind.
- You stay awake late at night thinking about your latest project.
- You explain your bad housekeeping by saying, "it's a work-in-progress..."
- The only piece of new furniture you have in your home is an easel/sewing machine/kiln.
- You have no health insurance.
- You do judge a book by its cover.
- You watch the latest kids' digital animation movies and drool over the effects as much as the story.
- You buy art supplies instead of food.
- You create more than you talk.
- You're in love ... with your studio.
Johnny Depp in his satin little boy blue outfit was freakin a few people out...so i've replaced it with Depp as General E Lee, it's better although not looking as good as he would if he'd been dressed as Adam! Pic also from http://www.worth1000.com/