Watercolor, from The Dusty Caravan, inspired by Tom Waits
Okay, here's the speel from the second part of Kogan's book of dares for ecstatic living....Everytime you learn something, you rejuvenate yourself and add another dimension to your life. Don’t worry about how what you learn fits into your life; if something interests you, learn about it, invest some time in it, and color your life with what you learn from it. Learning is not just an occasional activity but a way of life, an attitude that keeps our eyes, ears, brains, and heart open to as many new experiences and ideas as possible. Here are some of Kogan’s suggestions (am sure you can add plenty to the list).
- Read one magazine or newspaper article every day from sections that you usually skip.
- Sign up for a daily learning email. For example, check out www.wordsmith.org, where you can sign up to get a daily email with a new word and its definition.
- Take a different way home and check out new and unfamiliar places along the way.
- Whip up a recipe you've never tried to cook before.
- Learn a skill you've always wished you had...plenty of suggestions here!