Thursday, October 20, 2011

I could become one of THOSE women...

Photobucket
You know…one of those women who surround themselves with cats and cat themed objects. It could happen. Easily. Pictured above is Princess, my ‘claytons’ cat. She visits me every morning for around half an hour, flirts, cuddles, chats away, and them disappears in a northerly direction only to appear again around 24 hours later. I think I may be addicted - there's craving, especially in that last half hour of waiting. Will she arrive, or heaven forbid, will this be one of those rare days when there's no sight of her? The day will not be quite as shiney. And always the whispering voice 'why not get one of your own?' followed quickly by 'a pet's a big committment...yes I know I've done it before...but...'. For, as we get older, we realise that to love is to agree to grieve, and we get that little bit more tentative about giving our heart away. It's as if we start to grieve the day we start to love as the thought of losing this precious being is uncomprehensible. It's the same as loving people. And who would want to do without that?
PhotobucketPhotobucket


l to r 1. wabiMYsabi 2. Eyedeas 3. Radically Retro 4. plausive 5. Matou En Peluche 6. Keepsake Clocks 7. Dusty Dolls Vintage 8. See Spot Sew 9. Peachy Chic Boutique 10. Georgies Warehouse 11. Just Smashing Darling 12. The Bohemian Cats

16 comments:

Katrina Jackson said...

I have always loved cats, but alas am allergic to them. I say, if you have that longing again, get one. Yes, it's work and you will outlive them, but how much joy will it bring to your life?

Joanna Jenkins said...

Cats can be such great fun and are so sweet and lovey to have around.... I used to have a couple of cats about 20 years ago but when they were gone.... that was it for me. It broke my heart so I can't bring myself to get another. I'm sticking with the ceramic ones :-)
xo jj

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Aww. Get a cat. Gorn.

wobblinbetty said...

that cat is so beautiful
I always had cats as a little girl and I wish I could have one now!!! xx

Imogen said...

Beautiful cat. Love this post so much. You are right about giving our heart away. It broke my heart when my first cat died and now I just can't imagine life without my little Juliette.

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on this. Would love to have a cat but it's a big commitment.

There is a man that roams the streets we have dubbed 'the cat man' who feeds and pets all the local cats- and they love him.

susan said so said...

"...as we get older, we realise that to love is to agree to grieve, and we get that little bit more tentative about giving our heart away. It's as if we start to grieve the day we start to love, as the thought of losing this precious being is uncomprehensible."

SO true, and well said. Whether you love the kitties who visit you each day, or open your heart to a full-time feline, I know exactly how you feel. :)

xox,
Susan

Chrisy said...

Hello dear readers, Gosh I love reading your comments...it's such a generous gesture to share your thoughts with me...unfortunately I haven't been able to visit any blogs since I put this post up...the computer has been to a health farm for the last five days...is now home but still not 'right' so just waiting to ring the technician again...ah well that's life!

Couture Carrie said...

Beautiful kitty!
My cat, Oscar, approves and says meow!

xoxox,
CC

Sam said...

Oh deary me! I hear you! Clayton's cat - tick. Small voice in head "You should get one of your own" - tick, "but it's a big commitment" tick that in triplicate! *sigh* I had this gorgeous gorgeous sweet heart pussy cat who I would chat to once a day too and now she's gone and there is a large dark void in my life - maybe I should get one...? PS: Thank you for featuring my Gordon mirror - purr purr!

Marcia B. said...

cute kittie!!!

studioJudith said...

Chrisy !
You're here!

I'm thrilled to find you after my extended sojourn from bloglandia.
Truth be told I've been captured by Polyvore ( and making digital nonsense for several months. You might enjoy playing there - it's not just for teens posting boring fashion boards.
There's a great group of wacky artists who use their program to make some very interesting stuff.
-http://studiojudith.polyvore.com/

Big Hugs to you -

jjj

Snowbrush said...

I'm often tempted to get a second cat, but Peggy is ever the one who is able to say no, and it is no doubt for the best. Her sister Pam has eight or nine (I lose count), and was horrified when Peggy and I got Brewsky because, as Pam said, "You're dog people, and a cat is not a dog."

Unknown said...

I see you love the siamese as I do. We have two of them that we love dearly and if space wasn't at a premium, we'd get a third. I love that breed. There's no shame in being a cat lady. :D

Strayer said...

I can help you out along those lines. www.purr.petfinder.com. Got three cousins who really want to stick together. Pre formed cat family! You know you want them.

Strayer said...

Snow, you're here? OMG. Small world.