Monday, November 14, 2011

Reusing lovely fabrics...

Photobucket


artist above: Beta Wilczek


Photobucket

above 1. Pillow from Cocoon Designs 2. Felted cardigan from Altered Wool 3. Maori dress from Toolgrrl 4. Girls overalls from Whispering Willows 5. Mens hooden jacket from La Tatine 6. Capelet from Peppermint Pink 7. Footstool from Unchanging Grace 8. Dolls from A Little Vintage Store
When I go into an op/thrift shop, other than finding a surprise treasure, the most wonderful thing for me is running my hands and eyes over the plethora of gorgeous fabrics. Yes the top will be too big; the dress too small; the skirt the wrong color for me; but the fabrics! Sometimes they make their way into my 'stash'. Sometimes they get made into a completely different article. Sometimes I just enjoy looking at them! Check out the artists' shops at the top of the post for lots of ideas for reclaiming fabrics. And what about these videos - each so different in tone but both equally inspiring.

7 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post!
Love that swingy graphic print dress!

xoxox,
CC

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Noice. Realy noice

studioJudith said...

Delightful inspiration, Miss Chrisy!

jjjj

Unknown said...

I love that GIF up there that pairs the costume drawings with the text book. Cute stuff.

Megan said...

I love browsing thrift stores and feeling all the fabrics as well. It's fun to have one spot with so many different items - textures, colors, lengths, etc.

Chrisy said...

Yes aren't they clever...that swing dress is made out of a sheet!...and that gif...love the way some people's minds work...tryin to comment megan but won't let me!

teri said...

okay...those are some SERIOUS inspiration!!