Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Josefin Searches For The Giver of Truth

Photobucket

'Waiting' and 'House by the Sea' by Melbourne artist Catherine Campbell via My Folk Lover


`Josefin the Writer' by duo Olney Clark from their self-titled LP to be released in February, 2010 on the Friendly Police UK Label. Video directed by Hanae Seida.

I was listening to an abc radio national program this week where a learned person was talking about memory. He maintained that humans have been designed to forget – in order to maintain relationships and to cope with painful life events. A good memory, he said, puts a person at a disadvantage. It’s hard for them to move on, to forgive, to function, when the past is so crystal clear. But if nobody had one of these ‘disabled’ brains, who would be the keepers of truth?

I couldn't find the Josefin lyrics anywhere - bit early I suppose - so have written down the words that I sing in my head. Some of them will be wrong! I'm away for the next couple of weeks with limited internet access but promise to catch up with all comments when I come home.

Josefin the writer
has books locked in her head.
She must release them
onto paper.
She has
she has me worried
of how her thoughts do go
but it’s not to name it
but left to mind
to turn like you’ve gone away.

Why do,
why do our bodies
tire so much faster than our minds do?
Where does thought go
when it swims away?

She is the place
I send my mind
when I need to see things
not as they are
but as I long for them to be.
Josefin.

Josefin the writer
is collecting information
on the mechanics of a memory.
Where will,
where will she find love?
Will it stay with you
or another
or where will she find
a reader like me?

She is the place
I send my mind
when I need to see things
not as they are
but as I long for them to be.
Josefin.

You are the place
I send my mind
when I need to see things
not as they are
but as I long for them to be.
Josefin.


Supposedly 'big hair' is back!

Photobucket

Photographs by Saima Altunkaya

And of course, books never go out of fashion.

Photobucket
by Jolis Paon

15 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a thought provoking post, sweet dear. That poem is wonderful, I especially like the line, "on the mechanics of a memory". That resonates deeply with me, for there is much that lies at the heart of many memories that on the surface may seem to have come to be quite simply, yet were really the product of countless other moments.


Wishing you a gorgeous Wednesday & an amazing December, sweet friend!
♥ Jessica

Renee said...

I love you Chrisy, I hope that wherever you go, you can enjoy it.

Love Renee xoxo

Jeannette StG said...

A sensitive poem:)
Oh the hair - hope you're not serious that big hair is back!
And I love the illustration of Catherine Campbell, the right one especially!

Renee said...

I know you will be with me, but will you be okay dear one. You will be okay where your going right?

love Renee xoxo

Joanna Jenkins said...

The memory thing is very interesting. The more I think of it, the more it makes sense.

As for the big hair-- That makes no sense at all-- Unless having that hair would get me that dress ;-)

xo

Jeana Marie said...

oh my! the hair!
what a beautiful video clip to ponder :)

love,
Jeana

studioJudith said...

Memory.

That's been on my mind a lot recently.
It's flying away so fast... . it scares me,
more than a little.

In my optimistic moments, I shrug it off and count it as a blessing:
After all, EVERY moment becomes a new experience!

__________________
I adore the paper dress... .

Hugs to you, dear Chrisy.

Rose said...

Those big hair styles are amazing!
And the dress too.

Artsnark said...

Always a pleasure stopping by. Such a wonderful eclectic selection today!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Yes, a very thought provoking post. I think those ideas about memory are true. Sometimes it is good to forget, but we do need the 'keepers'.

Sam said...

Oh that pretty book dress is charming!! I love Catherin Campbell's work too - she is a real talent that one! Very interesting what that person said on ABC about memory!!! I used to have a crystal clear memory for events and stuff when I was in my teens and 20s and I can honestly say I am delighted that I no longer have it!! So tedious apart from anything else! I much prefer to live in my hazzy world of "today" and muddle around!

Have a great weekend sweetie!! XX's

LW said...

This post is food for thought …
I have often said to my husband that sometimes a good memory is a curse.
But it is all going the other way now, I forget a lot…

Louise

Hey Harriet said...

I adore those 'My Folk Lover' prints!

I hope you are having a nice time away. I like to think that you are on a holiday somewhere enjoying yourself and your time away isn't for something not fun. Take care xo

Umatji said...

That is great - our library has a christmas tree made out of fanned out and folded books - very cool!

Anonymous said...

Olney Clark's debut is now streaming and for sale at www.olneyclark.com !