Friday, January 2, 2015

Magicians with Polymer Clay



I know, you never intended to be in this world.

But you’re in it all the same.

So why not get started immediately.

I mean, belonging to it.

There is so much to admire, to weep over.

And to write music or poems about.

Bless the feet that take you to and fro.

Bless the eyes and the listening ears.

Bless the tongue, the marvel of taste.

Bless touching.


You could live a hundred years, it’s happened. 

Or not.

I am speaking from the fortunate platform

of many years,

none of which, I think, I ever wasted. 


Do you need a prod?

Do you need a little darkness to get you going?

Let me be as urgent as a knife, then,

and remind you of Keats,

so single of purpose and thinking, for a while,

he had a lifetime.

‘The Fourth Sign of the Zodiac Part 3’ by Mary Oliver

Artists from top to bottom: 1. Skull doll from GriffinWyse 2. Tentacle Necklaces from Walking Squid 3. Maleficent from Art HouseSculpture 4. Coaster Tiles from Las Joyitas De Marie 5. Doorstop from DevarimYafimo


10 comments:

Chrisy said...

I don't know about you, but my modelling efforts are pretty amateurish. But these artists really are magicians! I hope you all have a wonderful 2015. Thank you for following along despite the paucity of posts.

Couture Carrie said...

Love those tiles!
Happy new year :)

xoxox,
CC

RaindropsofSapphire said...

Those are absolutely fantastic!
Happy new year to you too! I hope 2015 is amazing for you!

Raindrops of Sapphire

Myrna R. said...

I love everything about this post - the wisdom of your words, the artists work and the video are all superb. Though your posts are not frequent, their quality is outstanding.
Thank you. Hope you have a wonderful New Year!!!

Imogen said...

I love it when I see a new video from you. I am always very impressed. The pictures and words really complement each other. I found that I really connected with the words in this post. Hope everything is going well for you my dear friend.

Unknown said...

Wow, wow! Amazing as always. Happy (very belated - apologies!) New Year!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This artwork is so amazing and creative :)

Packers Movers Hyderabad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Packers and Movers Gurgaon said...

Packers And Movers Gurgaon to Jalgaon
Packers And Movers Gurgaon to Nagpur
Packers And Movers Gurgaon to Tiruchirappalli
Packers And Movers Gurgaon to Jodhpur
Packers And Movers Gurgaon to Udaipur
Packers And Movers Gurgaon to Bikaner

Packers And Movers Delhi said...

Packers And Movers Delhi to Ludhiana
Packers And Movers Delhi to Jalandhar
Packers And Movers Delhi to Amritsar
Packers And Movers Delhi to Faridabad