Tuesday, March 31, 2009

April Flight



When we use our imagination


Learning to Fly by Polymer Paws

to create another reality

Fly Penguin Print by Prim Originals


our consciousness

When The Flowers Are Sleeping Print by Joutomaa


expands

The Amelia Flight Hat by Pumpkin Haus


and with it

I’ll Sick My Flying Monkeys On You Pendant by Molly Heltsley Designs


the consciousness

Free Spirit Artblock from Shariyah Garner from Yiyah


of all.

Birdman Assemblage by Urbandon


The Angel and the Elephant by Wonderful Place


look up high
white on blue
gently
surrendering
to the currents
a mini cloud
plucked
and adrift

lifted
i am
bird/all
one

Wandering Albatross Diomedea exulans latitude 27° 27.22' S longitude 153° 03.11' E altitude 20m date 31.03.09 time 1039 hrs



Footnote: I started this post as an April Fool's joke but it got waylayed and now, a couple of hours later, I find myself with something completely different! I rest my case...

16 comments:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

When I was a little girl, I would always dream of flying...just like the elephant over the flowers!

Lou said...

Once again an amazing collection on a theme. I love the last painting by wonderful place.

Birdman is great. Reminds me of the annual birdman competition flying into the Yarra here in Mebourne.

Samantha - Jettas Nest said...

I sometimes like to imagine what a different place the world would be if we could fly. Imagine the earth with no roads. What a delight!

I think you're just about the only person whos writing makes my brain focus :)

Michelle said...

Chrisy! I got my parcel today and it is beautiful. I especially love the print! And everything else too! Thank you so much. It is wet and miserable here and I was feeling sick and blue....and then came a little miracle from you :)

Thank you lovely lady

xxxx

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a lot of fun!
I remember swinging on my swing as a child and thinking I would just jump off and fly away.....

Hey Harriet said...

I think I'm a little bit in love with that piece by Wonderful Place!

This is such a sweet post. How joyous it would be to fly like a bird. And to also be able to poo on the heads of not so nice people would be an added bonus ;D

Anonymous said...

it's lovely to see my gorgeous one's bird in your collection of photos... he will be thrilled.

Unknown said...

do you honestly have any idea how special you
are ?

Kim said...

What a fun post! I love the poem that you wrote along with it. So true!

June said...

Your artwork is so beautiful Chrisy, I adore 'learning to fly' and 'fly penguin' especially but they are all so gorgeous.
I have just been and seen your'easter Hangings' and am thrilled that you joined in on the art freebies challenge. Thank you for doing that and for sharing your beautiful work. The easter hangings are so unusual and so beautiful. I will add a pic to the gallery and a link to your blog
Hugs from June xxx

Hot Fudge said...

Chrisy, you make me want to snap on my wings and soar up in the heavens. Wouldn't that be great? Maybe not in today's weather, though.

planettreasures said...

I still have flying dreams!
I love this post and I'm glad it evolved!

Rain Blanken said...

I think the birdman and the flying money is my favorite. You have such fantastic taste going on over here!

Thanks for participating in DIY Monday. We'll see you next week?

http://diy-monday.blogspot.com

jackie said...

Thanks for your comment.
What a colourful blog, warms me up just to look at it.

flossy-p said...

So inspiring, and true!

Bird Bath said...

wonderful! so many of us can relate to the dreams of flight...it definitely sets our imagination soaring.
Only last night my two year old was saying that one day she will "fly like a superhero and catch that baby moon."