Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Can you feel it crawlin up you arm....

Photobucket

Photobucket

l to r, top to bottom, 1. Ltd Edn Spider Monkey Print from Benconservato 2. Wasp Messenger from Missy Mao Mao 3. Journal from Anrol Designs 4. Clutch from Sir Tom 5. Bee Bookplate from Ruby Victoria 6. Shoe Clips from Ruby Tombstone 7. Bugs on a Screen Door Pendant from Wiccked 8. Vintage Snake Necklace from Travelling Beautifull 9. Bee Pendant from In The Bird House 10. Tulip Baby Card (not a creepy crawly but very cute!) from Meerkat Art 11. Fabric Card from Rabbit And Me 12. Pin Cushion from Spincushions

Yes we have some creepy crawlies here in Australia. And we’ve had so much rain over the last few months that many of them have headed indoors for safety. Lucky us! Of course we have some covetable critters like those above, all from Aussie artists/sellers. I’m okay with most critters…but snakes, they do make my skin crawl! What’s your phobia?

Photobucket

12 comments:

melanie said...

that animated spider at the end of your post is pretty darned awful!!

cockroaches... Hate them!! Ugh!

melanie said...

oh, and thanks for including my Bugs on a Screen door! :D

Chrisy said...

Yeah Melanie, I have to wizz past the snake really quickly...and that screen door piece is unique...

Couture Carrie said...

Eeek!
Scary cool post, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Colleen said...

SPIDERS! They freak me out! I try and appreciate them for their pest control abilities, but all those legs..*shudders*

Hot Fudge said...

Well done - you've listed all my phobias in the one post! No, not quite. You've omitted sharks.

Hip Brown said...

Such a clever woman you...Some very lovely Dusty finds there! I agree I can handle spiders, but like you am not so great with snakes... Love your animations, best go they are a lil scary ;-)

Artsnark said...

ewww- wonderful creepy crawlies! I don't mind any on the page but in life - yikes! I don't like roaches or big spiders & am terrified by alligators & sharks - so what do I do but move to Florida - haha. Good thing I'm ok with snakes & lizards as we have a bunch (mostly outside)

kj said...

snakes and spiders: you hit them both, chrisy!

and then you use these scary things to bookend beautiful art. sneaky and clever :^)

hope you are well. ♥
love
kj

Chrisy said...

um...yes thought it was just snakes but after reading comments...maybe sharks as well...it doesn't stop me getting in the ocean but hey if something brushes past my leg the old adrenalin starts pumping!

lorik said...

I like looking at your redback spider (is it?) but that is it - one the screen only. Spiders worry me more than snakes but only because there is more chance of coming across one here in the city. But you never know.... I think I heard of one in the inner west of Sydney lately.

Joanna Jenkins said...

I am so not a snake lover that I zipped past your post and went straight to the comments.

I seem to do much better with spiders!

xo jj