Monday, March 19, 2012

Is there a little Bohemian at your house?

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
from top to bottom 1. Antique Shawl from Luminous Lady Vintage 2. Table from Lemonade Store 3. Black chair from milka LOOM 4. Punch Cup Chandelier from Meadow Sweet Studios 5. Table and chairs from Artsy Emma The Crafter 6. Ouiji Table from Tink Witch 7. Dresser from Junk Drawer Divas


Some inspiration for those who like to create style on a shoestring, improvise furnishings from cast-offs and conjure magic from the mundane. The dictionary defines "bohemian" as an artist or writer, or anyone who sets social conventions aside. Bohemian style means going your own way. It's self-expression and creative energy; it's caring less about what other people think and more about what you really feel. It is something made from nothing. If one of the pieces above would add interest to your current decor, you're probably already living with a bohemian style decor. I think I do. There's a mixture of eras, of textures, of colors, that creates my individual style.


Photobucket

In a bit of shameless self promotion why not purchase one of my US$3.00 digital files, like the print above, print it off, frame and give an inexpensive lift to any room. Just click ‘Shop’ at top of this blog. Go on, you know you want to!




13 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulous pieces!
Love that chandelier!

xoxox,
CC

Hot Fudge said...

I feel as though I have just eaten a bowl of whipped cream - so delicious! The colours are stunning and I adore that punch cup light fitting.

Chrisy said...

Yes that chandelier is something ...isn't it...pity it resides over the other side of the globe...CC your current post is amazing...I'm not biased! And Miss HF I love your delicious response!

Artsnark said...

what fun finds! Lovely print (but now I'm singing the Life of Brian song for the rest of the day...). Hope all is well in your world this week :)

Katrina Jackson said...

Those glass teacups turned chandalier has to be one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Chrisy said...

Yes Stacey, I'm often singing that number myself...usually with a cockney accent! Everyone's smitten with that chandelier aren't they...wonder how difficult it would be to make one...think postage would be a bit steep to aussie land...

Just A Girl said...

Hi Chrisy,
Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I post so rarely these days that when someone leaves a comment I'm always amazed, so thanks for that too '-)
I only wish my cottage had as much fun bohemian finds as you have here...that light fixture is fabulous!!
Hope you have a fun rest of the day....
xoxo Cori

Joanna Jenkins said...

Oh that chandelier!!!! I want it :-)
xo jj

Colleen said...

I LOVE the furniture in this post! So cool!

The Creative Bohemian said...

I have a piano scarf exactly like the one in the first photo. It is one of my prize possessions! I adore BOHO!!

Hip Brown said...

Love that chandelier! Yes, love Bohemian style... Your work fits in beautifully too.

tractorgirl said...

I know everyone wants that chandelier, but I want THAT TABLE!!! love the distressed wild coloured paint over other wild colours (and that black chair would be quite OK too...)

Thanks Chrisy, you always find such fabulous things to share :)
x Julie

Unknown said...

This post makes me want to get one of those gypsy wagons and fill it with cool things and become a vagabond.