Wednesday, February 22, 2012

How's your wardrobe? Check out celebs n Fridas...

Photobucket

from Gypsy in Stilletos. Check out also fab chairs in this store, perfect for lounging in your walk in wardrobe!

Why don't we wear flowers in our hair? And long colorful dresses? Today I'll do my bit and drag out my clip in red rose numbers.

I set eyes on the most fabulous book last weekend. I'm a 'regular' at a cafe, set in an old house and in a large country garden, named Colours of San Cris. Just out of town here, each room is filled to overflowing with arts and crafts from South America. And of course Frida features heavily. But, back to the book - Self Portrait in a Velvet Dress: Frida's Wardrobe. When Frida Kahlo died in 1954 Diego Rivera had her bedroom and dressing room in the Casa Azul sealed up for 50 years. In 2004, the rooms were opened and her clothes were once again revealed to the world.Skirts, dresses, rebozos, scarves, boots -the items have been painstakingly restored by loving hands. There are gorgeous photos of the clothes and original pictures of Frida wearing them. Have a little looky see inside here.

Include some more Fridaesque garb in your wardrobe with an item from Elizabeth Palmer's store.


Continuing to play around with digital art...here's a work in progress featuring the girl. The quote is from another gorgeous book, Frida's Diary.

Now, how does your wardrobe measure up against Frida's and these celebrities??? A tad smaller perhaps? A tad less full of opulence perhaps? Or perhaps not.....

Photobucket

via InStyle


I wore mine today! The rest of my dressing is quite boring...I'm afraid I'm a black addict when it comes to clothes. It's so easy. Everything always matches. I don't have to think too hard. Dressing is inexpensive but also still looks chic. How about you?

5 comments:

studioJudith said...

Love your Frida, Miss Chrisy ....

and the book looks like quite an inspirational treasure trove - especially for those of us who might need a little push to get out of our basic black.

judith

Couture Carrie said...

I neeeeeeeeed a walk-in closet!
Especially loving Christina's!

xoxox,
CC

Sandra Eterovic said...

Frida and summer are an irresistible combination. Ironically, even though I hate wearing black, I have noted that pale people (like me) actually look best in a little black dress on hot days. Perhaps with a big pink flower in the hair next time. Thanks for the gorgeous post Chrisy!

Katrina Jackson said...

Beautiful post! I'm envious of people with style. I'm a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl always wishing I dressed better but never sure where to start. I try, though. Also, I think I might have to get my hands on that book!

P.S. Thank you for your beautiful comment. I will post more of that story later...or someday will have them all moved over from the old blog. Hugs to you from afar!

Artsnark said...

what fun! Love your piece & thanks for the links