Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Escape



Doesn't it look lovely, relaxing, inspiring? I need to be taken somewhere exotic where I can play with fabulous inspiring people, and get fed, watered, and generally pampered! Here's a few retreats to consider for when the Lotto Boat comes in.

You too can take in the scene above when you visit the Costa Rica Writers Retreat - and there's a competition ending in a couple of weeks to win a week here.

Our writers' retreat will reawaken your senses and creativity. Write, listen to one another read aloud, and give feedback underneath a palm thatched roof, with the aromas of your next meal prepared by a master chef infusing the air. Sit on your private porch and work on that novel chapter you've been struggling with all winter. Climb the steps to the yoga studio overlooking the gardens and rejeuvante with a bellydance or yoga class; Docelunas has the only certified Bikram yoga studio at a hotel in the world. Give yourself the gift of space and your imagination the recharge of an environment teeming with artistic stimulation: scarlet macaws, toucans, and blue butterflies.

Or if you'd like to be a bit closer to home try the Writers House at Katoomba in the Blue Mountains.



Always wanted to stay for a while in the Italian countryside? Why not visit The International School of Drawing Painting and Sculpture located in Umbria, Italy.

Here you can work in a scenic environment that supports art. You have a community. And there is no lack of inspiration. For many, it's the incredible landscape that surrounds the school. And for some, it is the experience of being immersed in the world's greatest treasure trove of art.


Prague is a must see on any European trip. Get all inspired at this Arts Immersion Program and even take a side trip to the local opera.

And some readers of this blog have already packed their sarongs in readiness for the Art Intensive Workshop with Anahata Katkin in Bali next month. As well as getting to play with like minded people, they'll be massaged, housed, fed, taken to visit local attractions, and even get a visit from a medicine man.

Not happening for you? Can't even manage a meet up with your local etsy team? Well I hope you get a little time just to relax and recharge your creative batteries.


Shell candelabra from Bay Rays Girl


Maybe take a bath.

Soap from Inner Earth Soap


Or drift off and dream about that lotto-boat arriving while listening to some nice music. Here's a link I discovered on Karen Cole’s blog.




25 comments:

Erika said...

Ok I have my sarong, can anyone fit me in their suitcase?

Michelle said...

I want one.

I have to go get a hysterectomy to get a few days off around here :0)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, retreats. Just a few uninterrupted hours in the spare room would do me!
Thanks for your nice comments on my website Chrissy. See you in Brissy sometime!

saraeden said...

Ooooh they look very tempting ..just off to dig out my bikini !!!

Unknown said...

oh god, i want to cry- do places like that really exist ?
I must manifest a million squillion dollars, soon xx

Anonymous said...

Take me to Bali I promise I will behave. Ha ha ha. Man that sounds good.

Kenna Elizabeth said...

mmmm... wow!! I want one of each please! :) When the lottery-boat sails my way, count me in!

Lauren said...

wow! It looks beautiful- I have always wanted to go.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

I am totally gone! Any one of the places so long as there is plenty of sunshine and lots of water...good food would be great too!

Little Jane St said...

These all sound so wonderful - can't we visit them all??

Artsnark said...

aaahhhh.....dang, opened my eyes & I'm still at home

Victoria said...

I am willing and ready, now all I need is that winning lottery number!

Splendid Little Stars said...

ooooooooo......aaaaaaahhhh
wonderful
divine
astounding
just to even imagine that places like that exist...

Unknown said...

Everything, I agree. And I agree Prague is a must-see. Though I have not yet been, I have heard so much. And I've been so close. The baroque-style is similar in Dresden, Germany where I've visited a few times & the architecture is breathtaking.

Splendid Little Stars said...

Chrisy,
Your post was so inspiring to me I had to write my own "escape" post. It was fun-- all those wonderful memories of beautiful places I have been came flooding back.
Thanks!!!

Anastasia said...

Anahata's art workshop in Bali was SO tempting...wish I could just whisk off and have a week of creating!! now that would be fun...and i really want to visit Prague one day too!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! So glad you came and visited my blog! I love your blog and am looking forward to reading it more thoroughly on the weekend! Goody!

Anonymous said...

Katie Melua...I have an album, it's amazing.

Unknown said...

Dear Alice,
I happen to know for a fact that the Partridges are looking for a maid, however, the work does include alot of bus travel. I think you are better off with Mike and I, handing out paper bags and sparotic wisdom.
Hurry home,I have a PTA auction to organise.
Carol
xx

FAQ said...

My mouth is watering,....I so need a vacation....

Anonymous said...

I'll be one of the loungers poolkside with Anahata..he he... *trying not to sound like a wanker..*

Hey Harriet said...

Oh I so want to go to all of those! I almost went to Costa Rica a few years ago. It wasn't to be staying at a artist/wtiters retreat, but I was going along to save turtles. Didn't happen... :(

At least I can look forward to a BrisStyle meet-up for some fun arty inspiration. Hope you'll be at the upcoming one!

Stacey said...

thanks for the mention Chrisy! and the happy bday to my brother!!! stace

cherie said...

very beautiful place! i would be very happy to stay in any of that. ;)

belinda marshall said...

when i was on my break i thought – this could be my new hobby! finding the most brilliant getaways around the world {ok, i let my dreams exist!}. great post :)