Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lay About With Your Valentine


Don't have a valentine of your own? Or not 100 percent happy with the one you do have? Why not whip yourself up a custom one! Erika Kern gives free instructions here on making this little fellow. You can even put your custom requests into with the stuffing as well. And I’m sure you could do a bit of customising in the looks and sexuality department...

If you like the way Erika thinks, check out her store, My Imaginary Boyfriend and maybe purchase a cushion for you and your valentine to laze about on.

What…one cushion’s not enough! You could make sweet music together on a record cushion from friends Esther and Shelley of Toggle. They combine crocheting with wool felt and embroidery in their unique pieces.

Don't mind being watched? Then throw in a screenprinted Victorian Mary cushion from Common Decency.


And to show your valentine that you’re an arty type, add a cute Paint by Numbers cushion from Nora Jane onto the pile.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, grrl, you have style.. love the paint by numbers pillow.

Boutique By Bonnie said...

That little guy looks a lot like a coworker of mine! That's a little scary...

edward and lilly said...

He is so cute! I think I'll stick with my valentine though.

Another great round up!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Fabulous stuff! Love the Valentine guy!

Jo (ruby-jo) said...

What a great selection. I am in love with the paint by numbers cushion!

Anastasia said...

such wonderful things! love the 'paint by numbers' cushion - awesome!!

Unknown said...

love that pillow with the deer

Hey Harriet said...

A custom made valentine? What a nifty idea! I love the record cushion!

Anonymous said...

I love the wood logs! You blog is adorable! I'm coming back often!

studioJudith said...

Really love the Valentine guy and those logs ... gotta get out some old sweaters and try felting!

Hot Fudge said...

The Valentine guy looks eerily like my Valentine back in the Seventies!! He looks pretty good now, so he has aged well.

Gillian said...

Fabulous Finds Chrisy :)
love the Paint by Numbers cushion! :)

Kate Moore said...

Alright ladies, back off, that fella is mine! A great, quirky Valentine's Day find. Now if only he could use metallic book adhesives, I'd be set.

Michelle said...

Hey Chrisy, thanks for stopping by to see how I was doing! I have to admit..I didn't eat that whole lemon pepper chicken...only half! By the way, these pillows are great! I've never seen anything like them. :)

planettreasures said...

the valentines guy is great!
and I love the log cushions - such fun!

Unknown said...

I so love your blog- i love the log cusions and i think i am your 100th follower !!
Lisa xx

Susan Tuttle said...

i love that valentine doll guy -- what a trip!

hope you are well -- thanks again for your kind words and support -- they mean a lot!

xo

bluemuf said...

Great Valentine guy but I still like mine.

Thanks for dropping by.

Karen

lyptis said...

Sweet items Chrisy, u got so many followers already!
I have to do more blogging!

Ure not much in the dust thread lately are u really busy?
Hope ure well!
Fran

Michelle said...

I want one!

All of them...

Stacey said...

Hi Chrisy
Thanks for the input re. photobucket, I finally figured it out!
I love your banner!!! Did you photoshop that?
I am just learning how to do this and i love it!
stace-

ppdesigns said...

i love these finds esp the little man!

Steph Bond-Hutkin said...

Hi Chrisy,
Some really great finds here. That paint-by-numbers cushion is right on the money. I think I had a kit just like that when I was little. I can't wait for them to become popular again.
Steph
Bondville